How to Make Your Own Marshmallows
Posted on: 15 May 2018
DIY: 4-Ingredient Marshmallows
Because good things must share! And because marshmallows are amazingly easy to make.
All you need are 4 ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons of gelatine
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered Sugar for tossing, optional
- In a medium saucepan on the stove, add water and sprinkle gelatin over
- Let it set for 1 minute
- Add in sugar and vanilla extract, stir to combine
- Heat mixture just until sugar is dissolved, about 3-4 minutes
- Remove from heat and let it cool until you can almost hold your hand on the side of pan
- Transfer to stand mixer and beat on high speed for 15-20 minutes until stiff peaks form
- Transfer to 13×9 pan and chill at least 2 hours or overnight
- For coloured marshmallows – divide batter and add colouring
- Pour it into a pan and spread it evenly
- Cut into 1 inch squares. Toss in Powdered Sugar if desired.
Use cookie cutters to create fascinating designs for your marshmallows. If you happen to be a parent or are taking care of kids, this would make a great bonding activity.
You can even add in some cocoa powder for chocolate marshmallows or use different food flavouring extracts and food colouring to switch up the flavour and colour of the marshmallows.